Engineering engulfs a vast variety of fields and one cannot restrict themselves to any certain possibility. The world is progressing every minute and the trends are changing rapidly and so are the needs. In order to deal with the challenges Industrial engineering is becoming a dire need and so are the Industrial engineers.
So the question arises that What does an industrial engineer do? Well then, we’ll make sure you get all the points across. An industrial engineer mainly works for the improvement of the manufacturing process for his company. He/She has an idea in his/her mind to better utilise machines and employees, working on those machines. An industrial engineer is supposed to study reports related to process efficiency and try the best to enhance the efficiency percentage of the industry. Industrial Engineers keep control on safety measures, manufacturing speed and quality of products.
An Industrial Engineer works hard to find a way to eliminate or at least reduce the wastes produced as a result of production processes. And that is not yet the end; Industrial engineers also try and deduce such ways to integrate machines, materials and workers in order to produce a suitable outcome that can be a product or to simply provide with the efficient services.
Industrial engineers apply the rules of mathematics, the facts of science and the applications of engineering on some of the integrated and complex operations as well as the systems. The systems to deal with are so large and complex, that an Industrial engineer must have a strong grip on almost all of the related disciplines.
Material handling systems, dealing with the manufacturing and designing facilities are some of the highlighted tasks that an Industrial engineer must be able to perform one exposed to the field work.
WHAT DOES AN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER DO
Industrial engineers play a very vital role for the community and economy of any country. Some of the duties which an industrial engineer performs are,
- Reviewing the production schedules and process flows.
- Understanding the methods used in manufacturing and services.
- Delivering services with maximum services.
- Developing management control systems.
- Figuring the production of parts and products.
- Making financial plans and costs analysis.
- Resolving the production problems and minimizing costs.
- Developing the standards for design and working efficiently with the customers.
- Confer with the staff about the status of the current projects.
- Moving the heavy machinery within the manufacturing plant.
- Providing goods from the company to the customers.
Hence balancing many factories, Industrial engineers focus on getting the work done in the most efficient way. Their duties also include managing the waste produced and improving the performance. This field of engineering is quite versatile and allows an Industrial engineer to serve its services not only in the factories but also in the businesses, government sectors and non-profit organizations. The number of possibilities only depends upon the engineer’s level of interest to engage in his work and utilize the skills he or she has learned so far.
WHAT DOES AN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER DO IN CO-OPERATION WITH OTHER ENGINEERS
Today, name any engineering field and there is most probability to find an industrial engineer there. Industrial Engineering related work can be found in any industry such as health care, manufacturing, technology and there sub fields.
The industries in which and Industrial engineer has the highest chance of getting hired are,
- Aerospace manufacturing of the parts.
- Motor vehicles products manufacturing.
- Management of the companies.
- Manufacturing of the machines.
- Engineering related services.
- Service engineer.
Industrial engineers can serve as a bridge towards a flourishing future if they join hands with the professionals and work head on.
SOME IMPORTANT TASK DONE BY INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERS
Some of the projects upon which the industrial engineers working or have already worked on are mentioned below and they are only here to encourage you to play your part in the betterment of these projects.
- Conversion of an airplane production line to a lean manufacturing
- Performing motion studies at a candy company
- Reducing the length of waiting lines.
- Designing of admissions procedures at hospital.
- Prototypes development for cell phone car adapter.
- Development of a hardware protection for spacecraft.
- Quality assurance program for a national restaurant chain.
- Smart Packing With QR – Improving Cal Poly’s Parking System for All Users
- Multi-Axis Machining Project Development.
- Zero Waste Campus Dining.
- Mentoring of Management Database.
And we can go on and on with the list of projects but for now brainstorm on these ones and try to gather your knowledge around them and let us see if you can get yourself around.
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER SALARY
Industrial engineers are earning quite handsome amount of money and we’ll let you see how and more precisely in what fields and nature.
- Star Pipe Products Industrial Engineer $65,406
- IM Flash Technologies Industrial Engineer $79,437
- Northrop Grumman Industrial Engineer $77,029
- American Express Industrial Engineer $56,450
Industrial Engineer Earnings by Seniority *
Top End Industrial Engineer Earnings
The highest earning Industrial Engineers in the United States earn:
Senior Industrial Engineer Earnings
Senior Industrial Engineers in the United States earn:
Experienced Industrial Engineer Earnings
Experienced Industrial Engineers in the United States earn:
Junior Industrial Engineer Earnings
Junior Industrial Engineers in the United States earn:
Starting Industrial Engineer Earnings
Starting Industrial Engineers in the United States earn:
Approximate values based on highest and lowest earning segments.
Hence Industrial engineers are the back bone of the industrial era. The burden which they have to carry is huge and many of the successful industrial engineers are being quite honest with their jobs and doing their part for bringing the things in harmony for the generations to come.